COVID-19: Our Infection Control Protocols
The Dental Assisting School of Rockland considers our students, staff, and patients’ safety our top priority. We have added preventive measures to our dental school and practice to reduce the risk of COVID-19 exposure to all students, staff, and patients. These measures go beyond what the CDC recommends to ensure a safe environment for all.
We have added the following precautions:
- We have a virtual waiting area to assist with social distancing. Patients, please wait in your car and call us when you arrive (845) 623-0826. The front desk will tell you when to proceed to the screening table.
- Before entering, all patients, students, and staff will undergo screening. It’s a questionnaire with a no-contact temporal thermometer.
- Hand sanitizer stations are in all treatment rooms and throughout common areas.
- All patients, staff, and students must enter/exit the office with masks/face coverings.
- Pre-procedural oral rinses have been added to every patient visit.
- HEPA filters in clinical areas have been added.
- Doorway coverings for clinical treatment rooms have been placed.
- Mechanical aerosol reduction units and/or high-speed suction devices have been placed in the treatment rooms.
- Plexiglass dividers have been added to the reception area.
- Students and staff have increased their personal protective equipment (PPE) level with respirator masks, face shields, gowns, and head coverings.
- Non-clinical staff will be wearing masks and gloves.
- We have increased infection control above universal precautions.
- A high-tech organic disinfectant fogging system has been implemented for the entire practice and school.
Your Safety is Our First Priority
We understand how important safety is to our patients and students. If you are a patient and would like to give our capable and skilled students a chance to grow their knowledge in dental care, please call (845) 623-0826 to make an appointment. We look forward to seeing you!